Freezy-Cool Salted Carmel Whoopie Pie
1 Vitalicious Deep Chocolate VitaTop, partially thawed
1 tablespoon fat-free, low-fat, or light carmel dip
3 tablespoons Cool Whip Free (thawed)
1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
‣ Carefully slice VitaTop in half lengthwise (like you would a hamburger bun) so that you are left with 2 thin round “slices.”
‣ Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon caramel dip onto the bottom Vita slice. Spoon and spread Cool Whip over the carmel. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon caramel dip.
‣ Top with the other slice to form a sandwich. Place on a plate and freeze until filling is firm, about 1 hour.
‣ Gently press sea salt into the exposed Cool Whip on the sides of the sandwich.
Makes 1 serving
Freezy PB Pie Cups
1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk
One 8-ounce container Cool Whip Free (thawed)
3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
‣ Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups.
‣ In a large bowl, combine peanut butter with cream cheese. With an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat until uniform.
‣ Reduce speed to low. Continue to beat while gradually adding powdered sugar, followed by soymilk. Beat until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
‣ Fold in 1 cup of Cool Whip until uniform. Evenly distribute mixture among the cups of the muffin pan.
‣ Spread remaining Cool Whip over the mixture, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
‣ Freeze until firm, at least 3 1/2 hours.
Makes 12 servings!
Turtle Cheesecake Cones
3/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
2 1/2 tablespoons Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Instant pudding mix
3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Cool Whip Free (thawed)
4 cake cones
2 tablespoons fat-free, low-fat, or light carmel dip
2 teaspoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
‣ In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth.
‣ In another medium bowl combine pudding mix with sugar.
‣ Add vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons cold water, and vigorously stir until mostly smooth and slightly thickened.
‣ Whip, and stir until uniform.
‣ Evenly distribute pudding mixture among the cones.
‣ Drizzle with caramel dip, and sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
Makes 4 servings.
new book “Hungry Girl: Just Desserts”